lpd spews the same job over and over.

Post by Steve Madi » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Help!

My lpd keeps spewing the same print job over and over
and over forever.  Whenever I print anything, it keeps
re-printing it until I run out of paper.  The only way
to get it to stop is to kill the lpd program, and
delete everything in /usr/spool/lp1 (my spool directory
for this printer).

Once I noticed that my initialization at boot time ran
two different lpd's.  I removed one of them from the
bootup scripts and rebooted, but I still have the exact
same problem when I run only one lpd.

Does anyone have any idea what's wrong, or where I should
look to solve the problem?

My printcap is set up to print through a filter program I made.
(All it does is do LF -to- CRLF mapping, and appends a formfeed
to the end.)

Any idea where I should begin looking to solve this problem?

1. Printcap, lpd, and spewing pages...

Hi.  Thanks for responding to my post.  I'm using slack 1.1.1, and
have a printing problem.  Haven't really printed much since I got
slackware, but now that I am, every time I print, it sometimes
finishes printing the whole file, and sometimes not.  In every case,
at the end, it will continue to form feed until I shut the printer
off.  There is no pending file to be printed in /usr/spool/lpd, or
any of the spool directories.

I am using a Panasonic KX-P2124.  If anyone has a really neat
printcap that they would like to share, that would be great.

Please mail any suggestions, or printcap files to me.  Thanks for
any help.

Dave Wreski

2. Interbase replication

3. Jobs, Jobs, Jobs And More Jobs!!!