Resolution

Post by oryp5.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Is it possible to get a workable resolution
instead of the HUGE one that is currently the
only available one to me.  CTRL-ALT-"+" or "-"
doesn't work.  I have a Diamond V770 which I know
isn't supported in 3.3.1.  I don't have a
workable modem(winmodem), so download of 3.3.5 is
out of the question.  I've downloaded the updated
driver for my card from nvidia to my Win98 drive,
but not only do I not know how to view this
drive, but my desktop is so huge that I can't
work with anything other than the terminal that
is available in GNOME. My win98 drive is /hda.
Is it possible to untar the file into /usr and
continue install of the driver from there?  What
is the procedure for that?  Thanks for your
patience with this obvious newbie problem.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Resolution

Post by Nicholas Pesc » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You may not realize it, but the ctrl - alt - + only works with the + on the
keypad, not the keboard!  It took me a day or so to find that out myself.
Also if you want to change the res. permanently:
open /etc/X11/XF86Config file and find under Screen section, Display section
the list of resolutions.
If you have them listed "320 x 200"  "640 x 480" etc.  change the order to
the put the resolution you want first, and that will be the resolution you
start with.  If you don't want a troublesome virtual display, do NOT have
any resolutions higher than the one you will be using all the time.

Hope this helps

Nick

>Is it possible to get a workable resolution
>instead of the HUGE one that is currently the
>only available one to me.  CTRL-ALT-"+" or "-"
>doesn't work.  I have a Diamond V770 which I know
>isn't supported in 3.3.1.  I don't have a
>workable modem(winmodem), so download of 3.3.5 is
>out of the question.  I've downloaded the updated
>driver for my card from nvidia to my Win98 drive,
>but not only do I not know how to view this
>drive, but my desktop is so huge that I can't
>work with anything other than the terminal that
>is available in GNOME. My win98 drive is /hda.
>Is it possible to untar the file into /usr and
>continue install of the driver from there?  What
>is the procedure for that?  Thanks for your
>patience with this obvious newbie problem.

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

1. Changing screen resolution AND virtual resolution?

Hi,
Does someone know if it is (or is not!) possible to change both the
screen resolution AND the virtual screen resolution at the same time
with the Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Plus/Ctrl+Alt+Keypad-Minus keystrokes? I
typically run at 1024x768 but would like to be able to change to 800x600
or 600x480, but without getting the "scrolling" virtual screen as a side
effect.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Max.

2. Need help with File parsing

3. resolution on console and resolution in X?

4. Test - Pls Ignore

5. resolution! what resolution?

6. RedHat 3.0.3 --> New Kernel how?

7. is there a way to get better timing resolution. Sleep has 1 second resolution

8. Do two mice work at once? PS/2 & USB they don't for me and did in Windows

9. How do I change video resolution?

10. increasing the resolution

11. Screen Resolution in Solaris - HOW!!!!!?

12. Sun reboot command stuck when resolution is 1920x1200x70

13. KDE video resolution.. help!