Windows 95, DOS and LILO

Post by F. Gaertn » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I want to have a MS-DOS 6.22 partition and a Windows 95 partition
on one harddisk and both should be bootable. I configured LILO
with two `other' lines...

  other = /dev/hda1
  label = msdos
  table = /dev/hda

  other = /dev/hda2
  label = windows95
  table = /dev/hda

...but LILO will only boot that partition that I marked `active'
using DOS FDISK.

Can I have two bootable DOS/Windows95 partitions on a single HD
in the first place or is this an unsurmountable system rescriction?

The LILO mini howto explains how to do this with two seperate
disks. Is this the only solution to the problem?

Please also mail a reply if you post. Thanks

Felix

Windows 95, DOS and LILO

Post by steve.. » Fri, 17 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> I want to have a MS-DOS 6.22 partition and a Windows 95 partition
> on one harddisk and both should be bootable. I configured LILO
> with two `other' lines...

See "Using LILO as a full-featured boot manager" on my web page
(http://www.wwnet.com/~stevelim) for instructions on how to setup
LILO.

--
 Steve Limkemann      ::  A microsecond here and a microsecond there, and
 Westland, Michigan   ::  before you know it, you're talking real-time.

1. LILO config for Linux, Windows 95 and DOS

Hi everybody,

I've installed yesterday Windows 95 and got now some problems with
booting to the different OS. I'd like to use LILO as the boot-manager.
So, how do I configure it to boot to Linux, Windows 95 and DOS?
Especially booting to DOS gives me some headaches: I've installed Windows
95 to a different partition (e:\win95), but it's not possible anymore to
boot DOS.

Any help is much appreciated. Please e-mail me directly.

George

(BTW: Installing Linux was MUCH easier for me then Win95 :-)

2. anyone created a softraid?

3. Windows 98, Windows 95, and Linux with only LILO??

4. AHA-2940U and Fujitsu MO 2513 A2 boot problems

5. lilo dos, win-95 and Linux.

6. how to set MLPPP with Syslinux

7. LILO control over NT, 95 and Messy-DOS?

8. xrdb won't get bright colors!?!

9. How can I download file from Interenet site via a DOS program while in Windows 95????

10. Can Dos be separated from Windows 95?

11. Remote control DOS/Windows 3.1x/95/98/NT/OS2 WARP from UNIX!

12. Dos commands with Windows 95 to partition disk for Linux

13. Linux access from dos/win/windows 95/NT