portmapper problem!!!

Post by Piotr Trzecia » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi
I'm running a regular (pretty much) linux 2.0.3 setup with a small local

network. For some reason
portmapper fails to come up. When I try to start it manually with:
/sbin/rpc.portmap -d
I get a message about being unable to get UDP port, which is busy.
Any ideas?
Thanks for any help!!!

--
   Do Or Do Not. There Is No Try...

**************************************
*          Piotr Trzeciak            *

*   http://www2.*nex.net/~piotr  *
**************************************

1. portmapper problem

I am running Free SCO OpenServer 5.0.4.  Very recently I have noticed
a warning that appears during boot.

WARNING: portmapper on server is not responding

The message repeats itself several times.

The only thing I changed lately was the IP of the machine.

Is this causing the problem and if not any ideas on what could be?

Thanks in advance,
--Brad

2. Getstats and leapyear

3. RPC Portmapper problems

4. Restricted Shells

5. portmapper problem...

6. MD RAID1 weirdness

7. reclusive portmapper; problems with 2 network interface machine

8. Using 2 ethernet cards with Linux<->Novell

9. Portmapper problem

10. portmapper problem

11. portmapper problems

12. Portmapper problem when mounting a partition via NFS

13. Help with weird portmapper problem