Future Domain TMC-850 SCSI Adapter

Post by trezvan » Sun, 14 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I passed these parameters to the kernel when booting from diskette:
tmc8xx=0xCA00,5 but the autoprobe routine did not see the two scsi drives
(one is a ext. CD).  Is there anything I omitted?

Post by davi » Mon, 15 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> I passed these parameters to the kernel when booting from diskette:
> tmc8xx=0xCA00,5 but the autoprobe routine did not see the two scsi drives
> (one is a ext. CD).  Is there anything I omitted?

did the kernel see the scsi drivers?
is the kernel on the floppy configured with the scsi drivers?

Post by trezvan » Thu, 18 Apr 1996 04:00:00

>> I passed these parameters to the kernel when booting from diskette:
>> tmc8xx=0xCA00,5 but the autoprobe routine did not see the two scsi drives
>> (one is a ext. CD).  Is there anything I omitted?

>did the kernel see the scsi drivers?
>is the kernel on the floppy configured with the scsi drivers?

Well, the kernel reported that it saw one scsi host which was the adapter
but it did not report the two drives.  Do I pass drive information to the kernel
at the "boot:" prompt as well?

Trez

Post by Klaus-Dieter Haege » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

:
: Well, the kernel reported that it saw one scsi host which was the adapter
: but it did not report the two drives.  Do I pass drive information to the kernel
: at the "boot:" prompt as well?
:
I've had a similar problem with a TMC 850, and after lots of
testing I figured out the problem was ISA-Bus-Speed. My card
wasn't able to detetect drives in SCSI-Chain with Bus-Speed
higher than 6 Mhz.

--
Klaus-Dieter Haegele
FhG-IPA Stuttgart

1. Help, Future Domain SCSI TMC-850 NOT WORK!

Hi, there,

My friend installed the Linux 0.99 recently. He got the whole SLS package from
tsx-11 and installed about 1 weeks ago. But he has the problem on the SCSI
cd-rom. When he started the machine, Linux told him "0 host, 0 scsi, 0cd-rom"

I guess the problem is the interface. The interface is Future Domain TMC-850
(8 BIT) card. I once had read about to change the seagate.c in line about
548-550 to ...=...|80;. And I rebuild the kernel, but it still not work.

Any suggestion is appreciated, any idea?

2. Application installation on clusters

3. Linux, SCSI CD-ROM, and Future Domain tmc-850 problems

4. RPM Packages Question

5. Future Domain TMC-850 scsi card

6. Switching IP aliases

7. Linux & Future Domain SCSI card TMC-850

8. Can't find my CD-ROM

9. Future Domain TMC-850 scsi card?

10. Future Domain TMC-850 and seagate.o

11. Future Domain TM-830 & TMC-850