bad superblock ???

Post by togar.. » Tue, 19 Mar 1996 04:00:00

hi guys

I have recently downloaded redhat 2.1 and I am veeery interrested in getting it t owork
on my computer (486-dx33 20mb Ram 340mb hdd) . i have installed it once, without having
OS/2 on my computer. After I got linux up and running, I formated my harddrive, installed
dos, OS/2 and the OS/2 bootmanager. And now, when trying to install linux,
I get this message...."mount : wrong fs type or bad superblock on /dev/hda6/

my harddrive looks like this :
       hda1  dos
boot  hda3  log  OS/2 bootmanager
boot  had5  log  OS/2
      hda6  log   linux
      had7  log   linux swap

What am I doing wrong ???
take care

bad superblock ???

Post by Juergen Exn » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

   I have recently downloaded redhat 2.1 and I am veeery interrested in getting it t owork
   on my computer (486-dx33 20mb Ram 340mb hdd) . i have installed it once, without having
   OS/2 on my computer. After I got linux up and running, I formated my harddrive, installed
   dos, OS/2 and the OS/2 bootmanager. And now, when trying to install linux,
   I get this message...."mount : wrong fs type or bad superblock on /dev/hda6/

[...]

"When trying to install linux" --> Are you SURE, that there is already a
filesystem on /dev/hda6???

Maybe the first sector of /dev/hda6 was destroyed by DOS fdisk when
repartitioning the drive?

jue

1. NFS wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock, etc

When I try to mount a TCPware VMS NFS export, I get this message:
"mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on
server.domain.com:/mnt/mountpoint,
or too many mounted file systems . "
I have an NT box running Intergraph NFS that can successfully mount this
export.
I can also mount the NT NFS export with the Caldera
2.2 Linux box using the same mount command syntax.
Anyone get this message and get it to work?

Thanks,

John Eberhardt

2. dosemu Installation error

3. Bad Superblock -> Bad Magic Number ->Segmentation fault?

4. .VIV player or plugin...

5. mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc1,

6. TCP/IP client

7. Bad SuperBlock - ext2fs vs Win95

8. Problems with installing on a ATA 100 drive

9. Q: Repairing ext2fs with bad superblock

10. ls-120 bad superblock

11. Help: Bad superblock mounting 20gb drive.

12. HELP: Bad SuperBlocks After RH5.0 Install

13. Bad Superblock, kernel panic, help please.