changing host name?

Post by Sean Bigg » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>does any one konow how to change the host name?  evedentally i missed
>that part in the setup and now my box is set for the default name
>"darkstar".  Any help that you may be able to give will be gratly
>appriciated!

Run netconfig.

changing host name?

Post by krat.. » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>  >does any one konow how to change the host name?  evedentally i missed
>  >that part in the setup and now my box is set for the default name
>  >"darkstar".  Any help that you may be able to give will be gratly
>  >appriciated!

>  Run netconfig

or just type  hostname <yourhostname>

changing host name?

Post by John R. Pott » Thu, 23 Nov 1995 04:00:00

> >does any one konow how to change the host name?  evedentally i missed
> >that part in the setup and now my box is set for the default name
> >"darkstar".  Any help that you may be able to give will be gratly
> >appriciated!

> Run netconfig.

or edit  /etc/HOSTNAME  as root.

changing host name?

Post by Michael V. Lauba » Fri, 24 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: changing host name?
>Date: 22 Nov 1995 02:20:00 GMT

>>  >does any one konow how to change the host name?  evedentally i missed
>>  >that part in the setup and now my box is set for the default name
>>  >"darkstar".  Any help that you may be able to give will be gratly
>>  >appriciated!

>>  Run netconfig
>or just type  hostname <yourhostname>

        Better still, vi the /etc/hosts file and change the name from darkstar to
<...?...>.  This is where the system looks at boot time for the hostname and
takes about 30 seconds to change and a minute to reboot, so do it right.

Mike Laubach
SUN rules!!

changing host name?

Post by Michael V. Lauba » Sun, 26 Nov 1995 04:00:00

>Subject: Re: changing host name?
>Date: Thu, 23 Nov 1995 20:30:49 MST

>>Subject: Re: changing host name?
>>Date: 22 Nov 1995 02:20:00 GMT

>>>  >does any one konow how to change the host name?  evedentally i missed
>>>  >that part in the setup and now my box is set for the default name
>>>  >"darkstar".  Any help that you may be able to give will be gratly
>>>  >appriciated!

>>>  Run netconfig
>>or just type  hostname <yourhostname>
>        Better still, vi the /etc/hosts file and change the name from darkstar to
><...?...>.  This is where the system looks at boot time for the hostname and
>takes about 30 seconds to change and a minute to reboot, so do it right.
>Mike Laubach
>SUN rules!!

        P.S.    Also change the /etc/HOSTNAME file to reflect the new hostname.

Mike Laubach
SUN rules!!

1. Changed host name - why does old name linger in sendmail?

I changed the hostname of an OpenServer 5.0.4 machine using
uname -S.  I also fixed the entry in /etc/hosts.  Everything
works great, except that all mail messages still have a sender

ID numbers include the new name!

If I go into sendmail configuration, it says the machine
name is the new one.

Anyone seen this, or know where the old name could be lingering?

Thanks!

--
______________________________

CHRIS BOYCE
Systems Administrator
ProTix Inc.
4513 Vernon Blvd
Madison WI  53705-4964 USA

<http://www.protix.com>

______________________________

2. OS/2 Boot Manager and Linux problem :\

3. Changing Host Name and Domain Name

4. 1994 (inter)National Programming Contest

5. How to Change host name?

6. Phase 2 has started

7. Changing Host name in Sol 2.3

8. Initrd error messages