SNMP for People who wish not to snmp

Post by Lionel Clar » Sat, 10 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I have no clue about SNMP - I'll say that right now.

        Problem is, we've got this router that uses basically snmp to manage
its config.  OK, it has an alternate method, but thsi method is very
unfriendly, and I'm thinking that learning snmp to the point that I can
make this one config change to the router, would be far more fun than
learning this otehr method (and which color of golf-putter would you
like to beat yourself over the head with?)

        Anyways, I have no clue where to start, but I know where to finish - in
this case, all I need to do is add a few static routes (or subnet, again
it's the golf-putter question).

        I'm out of ideas, dear reader, and I'm basically soliciting ideas.  If
you have one, send me a reply via mail and watch my life become simpler.

clueless (ignorance != bliss),
 - bishop