please email me a copy of your init.d file (/etc/init.d)

Post by Hal Burgi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I accidentally overwrote my init.d file with a file from mysql.  If you
>have a freshly installed version 6.1 of redhat, please send me a copy
>of your init.d file... or tell me how I can restore this file.  I never
>even looked at it, so I have no idea what it should say...

More than likely you need:

 rpm -Uvv </mnt/to/cd/>initscripts-4.48-1

--
Hal B

--
            Linux helps those who help themselves

1. /etc/init.d/acct vs /etc/init.d/perf

I have been using /etc/init.d/acct to start accounting on my Solaris
servers.
What is the purpose of /etc/init.d/perf ?  The comment in /etc/init.d/perf
says:
# Uncomment the following lines to enable system activity data gathering.
# You will also need to uncomment the sa entries in the system crontab

...but /etc/init.d/acct already starts it, and I already edited the sys
crontab.
So what's the difference?  Just another way to start accounting?
Since I'm already collecting sar data, my real question is  Am I missing
something by not using /etc/init.d/perf ?

-Steve in Phx.

2. ping answers only partially

3. init 1 - program - init 2

4. HP printer driver

5. init 2.76 hangs on boot -- not running /sbin/init.d/boot

6. NNTP Server

7. init 0 & init 5

8. For Two NIC -> Two Entries in /etc/hosts

9. "init 5" works like "init 0"

10. Return key fails after init 1 init 3

11. Sys V init vs. BSD init

12. a difference between init S and init 1

13. Netboot & init:: Boot process hangs at init