SIIG 4S setup

Post by Emile van Sebill » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I just installed a SIIG I/O Extender 4-port card in a linux box.  Each port
has a separate IRQ and I/O address.  When I boot win95 from floppy and run
Norton diagnostics with a loop back adapter all 6 ports check out fine.
(2-on-board, 4 new)

Under RH 5.0 using setserial 5 of the 6 test fine.  The failed port is
/dev/cua2 irq 5 port 0x3e8 uart 16550a.  Any ideas as to what may be going
on?

Emile

SIIG 4S setup

Post by d.. » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Yeah. It works just like your brain. Why don't you fart on your
computer and then that will solve the problem !!! Fartbrain !!!

On Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:45:40 -0800, "Emile van Sebille"

>I just installed a SIIG I/O Extender 4-port card in a linux box.  Each port
>has a separate IRQ and I/O address.  When I boot win95 from floppy and run
>Norton diagnostics with a loop back adapter all 6 ports check out fine.
>(2-on-board, 4 new)

>Under RH 5.0 using setserial 5 of the 6 test fine.  The failed port is
>/dev/cua2 irq 5 port 0x3e8 uart 16550a.  Any ideas as to what may be going
>on?

>Emile

1. SIIG Cyberpro 4S vs. STB 4-COM

I am looking for a "non-intelligent" multiport serial card.  I have
narrowed my search to the SIIG Cyberpro 4S and the STB 4-COM.  Both
look like solid products, but I still have to make teh decision.  As
far as differences go, the SIIG uses 16650 chips, while the STB uses
16550.  Can anyone tell me the advantages of the 16650 over the 16550?
The other thing is that the STB card will let you share IRQs, and I
don't think the SIIG lets you do that.  I can obtain the SIIG fo
$89 and the STB for $99.  Use will be under Linux, so if anyone has
experience with either of these cards, let me know.

Brendan Miller

2. Opening Xwin from Indy machine...

3. CyberSerial 4S PCI/IO by SIIG - Making work under Linux SuSE 9.2

4. from Linux to internet using Windows NT 4sp4

5. Anyone seen Advansys3.1E lock ups w/SIIG ABP940U(SIIG SCSI FAST PRO PCI)

6. Is there a fix for this?

7. SIIG Trio 2S1P Plus PCI multiple 16650 serial port setup?

8. PLEASE HELP ME! I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO RE-PARTITION MY HD (its not what u think)

9. Need rc.serial for a QuickPath Flexport 4S

10. HP ScanJet 4s (and not 4p)

11. RH6 Xconfig, S3 Trio64V2/DX and SAMSUNG SyncMaster 4S Monitor..

12. Solaris drivers for PaperPortVx/HP ScanJet 4s/Microtek PageWiz scanners?

13. Driver for HP-Scanjet 4s