Linux, JDK 1.1.3, Swing, Lesstif

Post by pingoui » Wed, 25 Feb 1998 04:00:00

A problem: I've just installed JDK 1.1.3 on RedHat 4.2 (with
Lesstif mwm). I wrote a quick AWT app and a Swing equivalent, so
I could see if everything was working. The AWT app worked fine,
but the Swing app is sort of invisible--i.e. the mwm Pager
implies that there's a big focused window called 'AWTapp' (for
some reason), but the actual window (and therefore the app) is
nowhere to be found. What up? Who has gotten these things to
work? Any suggestions?

TIA

pingouin

(unmangle address if responding)

Linux, JDK 1.1.3, Swing, Lesstif

Post by pingoui » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> A problem: I've just installed JDK 1.1.3 on RedHat 4.2 (with
> Lesstif mwm). I wrote a quick AWT app and a Swing equivalent, so
> I could see if everything was working. The AWT app worked fine,
> but the Swing app is sort of invisible--i.e. the mwm Pager
> implies that there's a big focused window called 'AWTapp' (for
> some reason), but the actual window (and therefore the app) is
> nowhere to be found. What up? Who has gotten these things to
> work? Any suggestions?

> TIA

> pingouin

> (unmangle address if responding)

Mea culpa. I made a slight error in changing the AWT app into
the Swing app. It worx fine now.

My apologies.

pingouin

1. Swing 1.1 differences between jdk-1.1 and jdk-1.2

So,

I finally managed to get jdk12-beta installed on my system (don't you
just love the ports system!); and I ran a couple of Swing programs,
including the SwingSet demo, to compare the differences.

The most obvious difference is the font display (spacing, especially),
which is quite significant. This is most obvious with the SwingSet demo,
on the "Plain Text" panel. Does anyone on the list have any config-tweaks
they can suggest so that Swing looks better under FreeBSD jdk-1.2?

Cheers.

2. Web based NIS password changer?

3. LessTif + Linux JDK anyone?

4. could not open default font 'fixed'

5. jdk problems with swing applications

6. CTX 1785GM + ATI 3d RAGE II + problem

7. JDK 1.4.1: Swing warnings

8. How to install unstable debian on a computer with no internet connection?

9. swing for Java 1.1.6 or JDK 2.0

10. Upgraded port: Blackdown JDK 1.2.2 for Linux (java/linux-jdk)

11. Setting env variables for Sun JDK and IBM JDK on a same Linux Server

12. Native JDK or Linux JDK 1.4 in Jail?

13. Linux JDK on FreeBSD (was Re: Alpha JDK 1.2.2 JPDA extension