Shared Library not found

Post by s_qad.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

when I try to run a precompiled program called DX, it canoot locate the
shared library libdpstk.so.1. Where can I find it.

Suhail Qadeer

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Shared Library not found

Post by Morgan N. Sandquis » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> when I try to run a precompiled program called DX, it canoot locate the
> shared library libdpstk.so.1. Where can I find it.

It's part of the XFree86-libs package.  I believe that it can only be
found in XFree86 4.0 (not in 3.3.6 or earlier).  You can RPMs of this
package in several different forms here:

http://rpmfind.net/linux/RPM/libdpstk.so.1.html

Good luck,
Morgan

1. Shared library not found

Hi!

I got a weird error when I try to start XFree86 4.0.1 on my RH6.0 (kernel
2.2.5-22) via startx: xinit complains that it can not load libXmu.so.6
shared library (not found).

However, I DO have the library in /usr/X11/lib/ and all the simlinks (the
path is also included in /etc/ld.so.conf)!

I got this error after a system chrash while trying to install the NVidia
drivers 0.9-769 from the SRC RPM and following the given instructions.

The chrash may have happened because of the AGP support (option compiled
in the kernel) but why X can not found an existing shared library?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Istvan

2. Porting from DirectX

3. shared libraries not found

4. Is there a .au player for Linux ??

5. X-Shared libraries not found.

6. UNIX Partitioning (Religious Question)

7. shared library not found!

8. New System Admin

9. When is a shared library not a shared library?

10. xhfs does not find shared library libtk4.2.so

11. shared library -- Ref sym not found error

12. ld.so not finding fortran shared libraries

13. ld shared library linking -- symbol not found: fstat