New to groups and Staroffice Question

Post by Mark » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am a newbie installing StarOffice and had this problem, any ideas?

I was installing StarOffice 5.1 from the CD I purchased from Sun on Red
Hat Linux 6.0. I read the ReadMe's and they said that glibc 2.0.7 may
be required. I installed the glibc 2.0.7 files into the
/home/user/StarOffice51/lib directory. The install began as expected
until the Enter User Data screen. After entering the data and clicking
on Next, the setup freezes and doesn't go any farther. I tried several
times and got the same result each time. Then Then I copied the
ld-linux.so.2 to ld-linux.so.2.old to replace with the ld-linux.so.2
provided by StarOffice and lost response, my commands weren't
recognized. I re-installed ld-linux.so.2 from the CD and things are
back to normal.

Has anyone else had problems with the glibc files?

What needs to be done with the ld-linux.so.2 to install StarOffice 5.1
on Red Hat 6.0?

Thanks,
Mark

New to groups and Staroffice Question

Post by S├ębastien Cottalord » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I don't think it's a glibc problem.
I had that problem when I install StarOffice on the same platform.
The problem is a window selection problem.I don't  remenber exactly how,
but clicking on the good windows allow you to purchase the installation
entering your name, surname, e-mail....

Hope this helps.

Sebastien

Post by Adam Haede » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi,

> I don't think it's a glibc problem.
> I had that problem when I install StarOffice on the same platform.
> The problem is a window selection problem.I don't  remenber exactly how,
> but clicking on the good windows allow you to purchase the installation
> entering your name, surname, e-mail....

> Hope this helps.

> Sebastien

> > I am a newbie installing StarOffice and had this problem, any ideas?

> > I was installing StarOffice 5.1 from the CD I purchased from Sun on Red
> > Hat Linux 6.0. I read the ReadMe's and they said that glibc 2.0.7 may
> > be required. I installed the glibc 2.0.7 files into the
> > /home/user/StarOffice51/lib directory. The install began as expected
> > until the Enter User Data screen. After entering the data and clicking
> > on Next, the setup freezes and doesn't go any farther. I tried several
> > times and got the same result each time. Then Then I copied the
> > ld-linux.so.2 to ld-linux.so.2.old to replace with the ld-linux.so.2
> > provided by StarOffice and lost response, my commands weren't
> > recognized. I re-installed ld-linux.so.2 from the CD and things are
> > back to normal.

> > Has anyone else had problems with the glibc files?

> > What needs to be done with the ld-linux.so.2 to install StarOffice 5.1
> > on Red Hat 6.0?

> > Thanks,
> > Mark

> > * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network *
> > The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

There were some lockup problems in the install if you're using the S3 X Server.
Switch to the SVGA to do the install, then switch back. Worked for me.

1. New to groups and Staroffice Question

Hi, I am new to newsgroups so please bear with me if this is not worded
quite right.  Also please let me know if there is another group which is
more appropriate to this type of question.  Thanks.

I have Redhat 6.0 (downloaded off net) and am trying to install StarOffice
5.1.  I do know the cause, but just don't know the cure.  I do remember
hearing about StarDivision providing Redhat with a patch which would cure
the problem, but I can never find such a patch on the net anywhere.  Can
anyone help me.  Thanks.

--
Michael Cooper

2. Pass the collection plate for Ken

3. change to new gid or new group name all files of given group name or gid

4. next release of Xfree86?

5. New to this group: Is there a FAQ file for this group available somewhere?

6. NFS Problem

7. Figuring out basic groups and group ids for a new linux system

8. miroCRYSTAL 3D (S3 Virge)

9. GURUS: user has two groups - new files inherit group from current dir - HOW?

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. New to Group have Question

12. these 3 questions from my C++ E-mail group, and my reply to C++ group

13. grouping database entries in StarOffice 5.2