newbee network

Post by kb » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 01:20:13

hi

just installed linux redhat 7.1.
the network is half up and running.
from the linux machine i can connect to the win2000 computer but i have
a hard time to connect the other way.

if i ping the linux computer it responds.

if i however try to use telnet or ssh from the win2000 machine it wont
connect.
i allowed any host with "xhost +".
still no luck.

any hints?

/konrad

newbee network

Post by Michael Heimin » Sat, 14 Jul 2001 02:51:22

> hi

> just installed linux redhat 7.1.
> the network is half up and running.
> from the linux machine i can connect to the win2000 computer but i have
> a hard time to connect the other way.

> if i ping the linux computer it responds.

> if i however try to use telnet or ssh from the win2000 machine it wont
> connect.

Are you trying to connect as root? Disabled on most distros, per
default.
Is sshd running? 'ps -aux | grep sshd'
Telnet is started from inetd/xinetd, but forget about it, use ssh.

Quote:> i allowed any host with "xhost +".
> still no luck.

Why should you? 'man xhost'
"xhost - server access control program for X"
It's just for authentication to your X server, like the man page says.

Michael Heiming

1. Network card trouble - newbee

I have a newly installed Solaris machine. I have a brand new Dlink
network card for the computer but the installation doesn't recognize
it. How do I install the network card on my machine and maybe where
could I get drivers for it? It is a Dlink DFE-TX Network card.

2. IRQ assignment for PCI cards

3. Network help for a newbee

4. desktop

5. (Network newbee) Linux as a router

6. kicker in latest cvs..

7. network panic please help!!!!!!!!!!!! ( newbee )

8. script to separate characters of a line in a file

9. Network newbee: Problems with ypdomainname

10. Newbee want to setup print server for multiplatform networked environment

11. ports / packages newbee problem

12. Wierd problem from Newbee Admin

13. Newbee questions...