Another Newbie needs help!

Post by Gene Bieli » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Trying to install RH 5.2 on hard drive by itself.............wanting to
learn more about OS's than point and  click.
Got past fdisk and partitions; also swap file seemed to go okay but then I
got this message on screen and don't know how to
continue.............."error reading header at 143789".  Hope someone with
more knowledge about Red Hat 5.2/Linux will be kind enough to help me out.

TIA

Geno

Another Newbie needs help!

Post by James Davi » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

 At what point did this error occur.. when Booting or when...
 sounds like you got a faulty partition thin happening...

> Trying to install RH 5.2 on hard drive by itself.............wanting to
> learn more about OS's than point and  click.
> Got past fdisk and partitions; also swap file seemed to go okay but then I
> got this message on screen and don't know how to
> continue.............."error reading header at 143789".  Hope someone with
> more knowledge about Red Hat 5.2/Linux will be kind enough to help me out.

> TIA

> Geno

1. <help>Linux newbies need help with CD and soundcard<help>

We recenly got Linux with Xwindows running on our 486. The CD
worked fine till we got Win****95 on our DOS partition. Now we
cant get our TEAC CD-55 working on our Soundblaster Pro card. I
heard something about a Sound HOW-TO but Sunsite's got major
data loss, so we couldnt find it. Is there anyone out there
that could help us get our CD or soundcard working??

-Thanks
-2 linux newbies

2. Printing from Windows to linux using samba

3. Newbie : Need help with xf86config - PLEASE HELP

4. ldconfig weird after installing libg++-2.7.2.1

5. floppy drive setup (Newbie needs help, help!!)

6. KDE - new app site !

7. HELP! (newbie needs help installing SLS)

8. couple questions for people smarter than I

9. Newbie: Need help with xf86config - PLEASE HELP

10. Newbie Needs Help!

11. newbie needs help on installing & getting the trident TGUI9680 drivers

12. Sony17SEII(Newbie needs help!)

13. Newbie, need help with Red Hat 8.0 Package configurer