HP DeskJet 990Cxi on USB-port

Post by Jan W.M. van Kesse » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 06:07:32

Dear Readers,

do you know if there are drivers for (Redhat) Linux 7.0 for a HP DeskJet
990Cxi connected to the USB port? If so where I can find information to
get it working.

Thanks,
Jan W.M. van Kessel

HP DeskJet 990Cxi on USB-port

Post by E J » Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:23:33

Get kernel 2.4.x or get Redhat 7.1.  Redhat 7.0 with its standard 2.2.16-22
kernel have very mimimal support
for USB device.  Kernel 2.4 has full support for USB.
Then get the latest printer driver for your HP Deskjet from
http://www.hp.com/products1/linux/printers_and_linux.html and adapt it to
your USB driver.