How can I test if "loopback" is working?

How can I test if "loopback" is working?

Post by Lagarti » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Not sure if it's workiing.  I tried using netcfg and it failed loading
due to some python not configured to Tk?

Still wondering if loopback is enabled

p.s.  Using RedHat 5.1

Post by YOUR REAL NA » Sat, 24 Oct 1998 04:00:00

>Not sure if it's workiing.  I tried using netcfg and it failed loading
>due to some python not configured to Tk?

>Still wondering if loopback is enabled

>p.s.  Using RedHat 5.1

Did you try running netcfg in an xterm while running X?  It won't run from
a console, and it will spew some stuff about python if you try to.

As for testing loopback, try 'ping localhost -c 1' from a console or an
xterm.

--
Ron Zoscak<ronz (AT) telerama (DOT) com>