mount failed: no medium found

Post by dud » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am trying to install RH6.0 on a Pentium 90, but when it initializes
the CD-Rom (Creative 4x IDE) it gived the error

Mount Failed: No Medium Found

Any Ideas??

mount failed: no medium found

Post by dud » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I am new to Linux and trying to install it on an i386 system with
Adaptec 2940 controller.  When it tries to initialize the CD-Rom I get
the error

mount failed: no medium found

I have gone through a complete installatin before, and sometimes it
will see the CD and most of the time it wont?!?!

Any ideas??  Thanks.

1. USB PenDisk mount/umount; mount: No medium found ???

Hello all,
I have bought an Solid State Disk (SSD) with 64MByte (Hamlet Exagerate).
It works nicely on MacOS 9.2 and diverse WindowsX systems.

I have found out how to mount (mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/pendisk). I
supposed that also umount should work.

I unmounted, waited for flashing of the control light to stop, and detached
physically the device. I then attached it again and tried to remount it,
but I get the error: No medium found.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day,

2. tin and AT&T Broadband

3. mounting loop-device on a 2048 byte/sector medium fails

4. Installing Apache 1.3.12 on Sun Solaris

5. Removable media fails to mount after kernal compile/upgrade

6. satan

7. Get an Installation error : Failed to find base/base.bf on this media etc..

8. Question about AIX 4.3 SA Cert (181)

9. S8 & S9 x86: vold fails to mount cdrom media containing valid fdisk information

10. mount: no medium found

11. mounting CD-R results in "No medium found"

12. CDRW wont mount - says no media found

13. How to find nos. of cyl in HD ?