HELP : Switching from KDE to Gnome graphical environment

HELP : Switching from KDE to Gnome graphical environment

Post by Marco Mapell » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Could anyone how to swith back to Gnome
having installed KDE.

Thanks in advance

marco mapelli

Post by Patrici » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Could anyone how to swith back to Gnome
>having installed KDE.

>Thanks in advance

>marco mapelli

Marco
In a terminal type switchdesk
--
Good Luck
Patricia

http://www.crosswinds.net/~beginnerslinux
Red Hat Linux release 6.0 (Hedwig)
Kernel 2.2.5-15
  9:22pm  up  7:36,  1 user,  load average: 1.31, 1.29, 1.11
Sun May  7 21:22:30 CEST 2000

Post by David . » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Could anyone how to swith back to Gnome
> having installed KDE.

> Thanks in advance

> marco mapelli

switchdesk gnome

ID # 123538

1. How to enable graphical login, start KDE or Gnome

I just installed Red Hat 7.2 with graphical login.
Gnome crashed, as it usually does after my 7.2 installs, but KDE
worked fine.

Well, at some point the graphical login somehow became disabled - dont
ask me how.

But if I try to start X with 'startx' I get Gnome the crash machine,
and if I type 'kdesktop' it fails to load as well.

How do I appropriately start KDE from the command line, and how do I
re-enable graphical login?

2. Can not run setup as root?

3. How can I change from GNOME desktop environment to KDE desktop env?

4. Outportb

5. Desktop environment - gnome? - KDE? - ?

6. backing up files/directories to CDs

7. Argh! X-Windows toolkits/environments (KDE,Gnome,etc.)

8. newbie:XFREE86 problems

9. gnome/kde switching

10. Switch from Gnome to KDE

11. Switching from KDE to Gnome