PPP and Netcom, Can't get pppd and chat to work...need someones script files...

PPP and Netcom, Can't get pppd and chat to work...need someones script files...

Post by M. Arneso » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I've been trying to get my pppd to work...

I've set up a chat script file and type:
pppd connect "chat -f scriptfile" crtscrs modem \
defaultroute xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0.0.0 /dev/cua0 38400

then I just get a # prompt again.  (nothing happens)

the syslog file just says: could not connect.

Soooooo....If someone could give me some exact directions or...
send me your command and script files for pppd and chat...

I would be gratefull!!!

thanks in advance,

Mark Arneson

1. Need to see someones working DIP chat script.

I have Slackware's distribution running and am trying to get my slip client
work. I have a chat script that seems to connect but when trying a simple
PING, my port seems to close.

I get messages like:
     tty: set_disc0: ...i/o error
and so on.

I am not sure if I have a permission problem, a script problem or what!

To start with I would appreciate seeing someone's working script with your
login and password removed of course!

This way I can formulate some opinion about where my problem is.

Thank you.

2. Linux Frequently Asked Questions with Answers (Part 2 of 6)

3. Can't Get PPP Working - Chat (ppp-on) script won't dial

4. Linux logical succesor to AIX

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Does Sun actually *fix* bugs?

7. Linux /pppd/chat/netcom script

8. xdm on AIX 3.2

9. script for ppp connection (I can't make 'chat' work)

10. Need to see someones working DIP script

11. PPP Problem--PPPD & CHAT doesn't hit modem, Miniconfig works, but...

12. PPP/Chat: Working chat script Linux==>SCO?