Changing FTP server port number

Post by khroma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

the port settings for the ftp daemon are usually located in the
/etc/services file. Try looking there for the port number.

mike

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

Changing FTP server port number

Post by Patrick Lamber » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Changing the services file (which is a default file used by many apps)
might not be the best idea.. the change should be made in
/etc/inetd.conf, next to the in.ftpd line.

--

Patrick Lambert - Linux Systems Expert

Phone: (714) 908-8265 - FAX: (425) 740-0422

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Changing FTP server port number

  I would like to change the FTP server's port number from 21 to
something else.  I've done it for the web server (httpd.conf file) but I
haven't been able to find documentation for the ftp server.

  Any ideas or directions to go in would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Bauer

http://junior.apk.net/~rsbauer

2. MULTIDISC CDROM SUPPORT???

3. how to change port of ftp server behind iptables

4. i did it! combodrive in ibook 333!

5. How to change port number for Proftpd

6. FORKING PROCESSES

7. How to change openwin's tcp port number

8. Lint for Redhat 6.1:

9. How to change port numbers under redhat ?

10. changing telnet port number

11. Impact of changing rexec port number

12. Changing Port numbers on Netscape 4.07

13. How to change incomming NFS connection port number - URGENT !!!!