Kernel won't compile (RH5)

Post by M. Buchenried » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

[...]

Quote:>However, when I go to compile it
>gets through about a page of gcc commands and then it prints this trying to
>compile rd.c:
>gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux-2.0.32/include -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes
>-O2 - fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strength-reduce -pipe -m486 -DCPU=486  -c -o
>rd.o rd.c gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11

[...]

You're either suffering from a broken gcc version, or you do have
faulty hardware components. See http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11 for
a good explanation of possible causes for the sig11 error.

Michael
--

       Lumber Cartel Unit #456 (TINLC) and Official Net.Scum

Kernel won't compile (RH5)

Post by Robert Bergfor » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>rd.o rd.c gcc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11

This row says it all

Quote:>What have I done wrong? What do I fix? Any help would be very....helpful. :)

You propably did nothing wrong, sig. 11 usually has to do with hardware problems.
Is your computer overclocked? Are the memory timings correct? Are all the
connectors and card slots clean? You could try to remove cards, memory etc. and
put them in again, to clean off possible corrotion or dirt.
I think there once was many threads about that some specific non-intel processor
would almost always give signal 11, I don't remember which one though.

--
Robert Bergfors

Remove the first part of the domain name :-)

1. help needed: AWE32 PNP won't work - kernel won't compile - gurus read this!

Hello all,

I went through the Sound howto files, I tried to make the AWE32 PNP
work via the /etc/rc.d/rc.modules (auto detect for IRQ 5 DMA1 and 5)
I tried to compile my kernel for the AWE32 PNP sound blaster but the
message I receive while compiling is:
sb_common.c:21: #error You will need to configure the sound driver
with
CONFIG_AUDIO option.
sb_common.c:266: warning: `sb16_set_mpu_port' defined but not used
make[2]: *** [sb_common.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [sub_dirs] Error 2
make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2

Any suggestions/solutions. There seems to be no way of dactivating
the mpu interface with the make config option. Nor I do not now how to
enable it or disable it on the soundcard.

Thanks for your  replies!!!!!!!!

2. ftp directory size is strange

3. pine4.00 won't compile on rh5.1

4. gethostbyname() - MT-safe version?

5. Simple "hello world" won't compile on RH5.1?

6. compiling GCC

7. Kernel 2.2.1 & RH5.2 - LILO won't accept the RAM disk image

8. mod_rewrite help urgently needed

9. STABLE isn't: kernel won't compile

10. kernel won't compile/can't make LU005 work!

11. HELP: Yggdrasil fall '94 won't compile kernel.

12. Can't compile kernel-2.2.5 on rh5.2