problem with midnight commander

Post by Milan Rouba » Mon, 04 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I use RedHat 5.1 and when I type mc, I can see no colour.
I must use mc -c
Can anybody help me to use only mc?
Thanks.
    Milan Roubal

problem with midnight commander

Post by Gert Wolln » Wed, 06 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hallo,

I also have this error. Put
alias mc='mc -c'
in your .profile file (or in the system wide one). Its no solution, but
it keeps you from typing so much.

Best regards

Gert

--
Max-Planck-Institute of Cognitive NeuroSience      http://www.cns.mpg.de
Stephanstr. 1a, 04103 Leipzig, Germany

Post by cglu » Thu, 14 Jan 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I use RedHat 5.1 and when I type mc, I can see no colour.
> I must use mc -c
> Can anybody help me to use only mc?
> Thanks.
>     Milan Roubal

Milan,
   is that your BIG problem:
to type mc , instead of mc -c  ??
I'm just a beginner at linux, and mc makes it much easier for me.
Often I have 4 Vt's of mc open at once.
Because I used Norton Commander under MSDOS for years, I can't
live without mc under linux !
Actually I never tried colour, before.  But I just tried it now
using a script-file, which has:-
( EDITOR=/usr/bin/joe ; export EDITOR ; mc -c /usr/crg /root)
I call this file nc, NOT mc because I'm used to NC under MSDOS.

This script also:-
   uses the editor called joe, instead of the default one,
   opens the LHS panel with /root & the RHS panel with /usr/crg.

Of course you can use mc to set the permission correctly for the
script.