DIP script

Post by Michael A. Reynol » Wed, 20 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Greetings All:

I don't know if this is the right place to put this or not, but I need
a good script for DIP.  I am sick of having to type in every single little
line when I log-in.

The setup is this:

I run dip and put in the port info and then I type term:
I enter my initialization string <hit enter>
I enter the number <atblahblahblah-hit enter>
I login:
I type some terminal options <e.g. term no escape, term flowcontrol hardware>
I enter the site that I want to telnet to <csis, sparc20, kelvin, etc>
I log into my account <login, password>
once in my account, I run slirp <slirp -m 2000 -b 14400>
I jump out of this <control-]>
type get $rmtip internet-address
then I type default
and lastly, mode SLIP.
Then BOOM.  I can run Netscape, etc.

As you can see, this is a lengthy process.

Can anyone help????????

Thanx.

Michael Anton Reynolds                  | Telephone:    804 - 982 - 2965
Center for Semicustom Systems           | Home Tele.:   804 - 977 - 9553
Department of Electrical Engineering    | Msgr. Mail:   C-225 Thornton Hall

DIP script

Post by FireFlas » Thu, 21 Mar 1996 04:00:00

> Greetings All:

> I don't know if this is the right place to put this or not, but I need
> a good script for DIP.  I am sick of having to type in every single little
> line when I log-in.

i believe ther is a sample.dip script in the usr/doc/dip/samples
directory. just adapt that to your needs and configuration. (also, check
out the howto for explanations of some of the stuff. the commands you're
most interested are, send, wait, get and stuff like that.

if, after you check out the sample.dip you're still confused, I can send
you the script i used to use (when i used slip :)) which you can adapt
with minimal confusion.

-FF

1. Dip script won't run, but dip -t work?

Hi there,
     I have faced some problems with dip script.
     I tried to run my dip script, but it won't run. And I got the following
message:
      Usage: port tty_name
      Set PORT first
      Dialing ..
      Timeout for modem connection.
      And I follow the script and manually type in exact same message (dip -t),
it works.  Does anyone has any idea about this?
      I really need some inputs about this problem.  So any input and advices
would be helpful.  And I really apprecaite for your time.
Regards,
Kelvin Cho

2. Solaris good for..??..HELP!!!

3. chat script for ibm.net (or help converting a dip script)

4. Segmentation in thread created by clone() in linux...

5. DIP script example wanted.

6. Linux Terminal TRM816 - Information for users

7. DIP Script Help

8. how to remove linux

9. LINUX DIP-Script for Compuserve Internet-PPP WANTED

10. SLIP-dip script dies at end

11. DIP script

12. This dip script redials

13. Linux DIP-Script for Compuserve Internet PPP WANTED