fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel ->LM 7.2

fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel ->LM 7.2

Post by Don Hin » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 23:13:46

Mandrake sent me an Update CD and I ran it. I had to fiddle with some files
because KDE was giving me 'permission denied' when I tried to go to the
CDROM. I fixed that permission error but now I cannot mount the cdrom.
When I

mount /mnt/cdrom
fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel

error appears. Same for the floppy.  I checked the file 'filesystems' and it
lists the proper devices.

Anyone got any ideas?

    thanks        Don

fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel ->LM 7.2

Post by Steve Holdowa » Thu, 25 Jan 2001 00:29:14

Don,

Rebuild the kernel with floppy/iso9960 support built in. The easiest
way ( as you're running a graphical interface ) is...

cd /usr/src/linux
make xconfig ( select the extra options )
make dep
make bzImage
make install
make modules
make modules_install

( you may want to save the running kernel as a backup, and edit
/etc/lilo.conf /  run lilo  in case of difficulties ).

HTH

Steve

Quote:>Mandrake sent me an Update CD and I ran it. I had to fiddle with some files
>because KDE was giving me 'permission denied' when I tried to go to the
>CDROM. I fixed that permission error but now I cannot mount the cdrom.
>When I

>mount /mnt/cdrom
>fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel

>error appears. Same for the floppy.  I checked the file 'filesystems' and it
>lists the proper devices.

>Anyone got any ideas?

>    thanks        Don

fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel ->LM 7.2

Post by Don Hin » Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:02:15

It was an fstab line error. I had to change (roughly, it's at home)

/mnt/cdrom /mnt/cdrom fs=iso9660, ......
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom iso9660 , ....

           Don

>Rebuild the kernel with floppy/iso9960 support built in. The easiest
>way ( as you're running a graphical interface ) is...

>cd /usr/src/linux
>make xconfig ( select the extra options )
>make dep
>make bzImage
>make install
>make modules
>make modules_install

>( you may want to save the running kernel as a backup, and edit
>/etc/lilo.conf /  run lilo  in case of difficulties ).

>HTH

>Steve

>>Mandrake sent me an Update CD and I ran it. I had to fiddle with some files
>>because KDE was giving me 'permission denied' when I tried to go to the
>>CDROM. I fixed that permission error but now I cannot mount the cdrom.
>>When I

>>mount /mnt/cdrom
>>fs fs=iso9660 not supported by kernel

>>error appears. Same for the floppy.  I checked the file 'filesystems' and it
>>lists the proper devices.

>>Anyone got any ideas?

>>    thanks        Don

1. Mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

I have an ATAPI CD-ROM Matshita (Masushita-Kotobuki) CR-5850, CCQ, which
came with the PC I purchased about a year ago.  Under Red Hat Linux 5.1, I
've tried mounting it by typing: mount mnt/cdrom.  But it didn't.  I
recompiled my kernel and aswered yes to ISSO 9660 support  and Yes to
Matsushita CD-ROM support but it still gives me this:
mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel.
Is it my CD-ROM or is it Red Hat 5.1.  I also have Red Hat 5.0.

2. ideas for getting into BIOS on a VA Linux box?

3. fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

4. (America) Looking for 6 inch color or mono vga monitor

5. " fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel " ?!

6. MO & 2048-byte sector size

7. RH5.1 Installation problem - fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

8. patchadd -C

9. iso9660 fs is not supported by the kernel (???)

10. CD-Rom gives error 'fs iso9660 not supported by kernel'

11. 2.0.34 -- fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel.

12. mount: fs type iso9660 not supported by kernel

13. fs iso9660 not supported by kernel