XFree86 question

Post by Bob Cen » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 08:35:13

Hi,

My Mandrake 7.0-2 installation has been running for months and now X windows
won't work.  I tried to run Xconfigurator, but it reports this message:

  Could not open default font "fixed"

What does this mean?  How can I work around it?  Thanks.

Bob
University of Washington

XFree86 question

Post by Bob Cen » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 04:04:27

Quote:> I tried to run Xconfigurator, but it reports this message:

>   Could not open default font "fixed"

> What does this mean?  How can I work around it?

The problem was that my / directory was full and the X windows font server
could not load.  As soon as I deleted a log file that got out of control
everything, works again.

Bob.

1. XFree86 question

Hi All:
I use RH7.1 on a stand-alone i386.
I recenlty upgraded to XFree86 4.1.0 using tar files from XFree site
and their install routine.

Now everytime I start rpm to install a new software that needs XFree I
get failed dependencies for files that are already on the system.  So, I
re-run the rpm using --nodeps parameter and all is well.

Q: Is there a way to cure this problem once and for all?
BTW: the path to XFree files is in the ld.so.conf file.

Thanks for any help.

Masoud

2. Help, Linux is Blowing up!

3. XFree86 Question

4. red-carpet 1.4 under RH8.0: won't work as root, works fine as user but no privleges.

5. Xfree86 questions

6. IP_PKTINFO / in_pktinfo -- Code example?

7. XFree86 Questions.....

8. Linux Firewall Question

9. xfree86 question, I WANT MY 800x600!!!!!

10. XFree86 question

11. xfree86 question?

12. XFree86 Question... again!

13. Xfree86 questions