Help needed ASAP...

Post by Stefan Jan » Fri, 06 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

1. Does anyone know how to setup the mouse so that the cursor moves both
vertically and horizontally? Right now, it only works (or moves)
vertically.
I used "mouseconfig" to configure the mouse. I've also tried different
types of mouse...
but no luck...

Mouse is 2 button mouse.

2. I used printtool to add a printer on this machine. And it prints but
line feeds (carriage returns) are messed up and I really don't know
why...so any help would be very appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Stefan

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Help needed ASAP...

Post by James Youngma » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

  Stefan> 1. Does anyone know how to setup the mouse so that the
  Stefan> cursor moves both vertically and horizontally? Right now, it
  Stefan> only works (or moves) vertically.  I used "mouseconfig" to
  Stefan> configure the mouse. I've also tried different types of
  Stefan> mouse...  but no luck...

Do you mean you've tried setting up the software for different types
of mouse, or do you mean you've plugged in several different rodents?
This sounds to me like a hardware problem.

  Stefan> Mouse is 2 button mouse.

  Stefan> 2. I used printtool to add a printer on this machine. And it
  Stefan> prints but line feeds (carriage returns) are messed up and I
  Stefan> really don't know why...so any help would be very
  Stefan> appreciated...

In printtool, edit that printer entry.  Press the "Filter..." button.
Check the checkbox marked "Fix stair-step printing" (at least, it's
marked something like that).

Help needed ASAP...

Post by dsimp.. » Sat, 07 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>--------------BC74C818C6A7EF815E35134B

>Hi,

>1. Does anyone know how to setup the mouse so that the cursor moves both
>vertically and horizontally? Right now, it only works (or moves)
>vertically.
>I used "mouseconfig" to configure the mouse. I've also tried different
>types of mouse...
>but no luck...

>Mouse is 2 button mouse.

>2. I used printtool to add a printer on this machine. And it prints but
>line feeds (carriage returns) are messed up and I really don't know
>why...so any help would be very appreciated...

>Thanks in advance...

>Stefan
>--------------BC74C818C6A7EF815E35134B

>begin:          vcard
>fn:             Stefan Jang
>n:              Jang;Stefan
>org:            Netscape Communications Corp.

>title:          UNIX System Administrator/Software Engineer
>x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
>x-mozilla-html: FALSE
>version:        2.1
>end:            vcard

>--------------BC74C818C6A7EF815E35134B--

Sound like your mouse is needing serviced. Remove the mouse ball and
you will see 2 rollers inside. They probably have gunge on them .
Clean them with meths or something simillar.

Dave Simpson

Help needed ASAP...

Post by JMckin20 » Sun, 08 Feb 1998 04:00:00

If the mouse is on a PS/2  port, use the PS/2 protocol regardless of what kind
of mouse or pointer is is.

  Stefan> 1. Does anyone know how to setup the mouse so that the

Quote:>  Stefan> cursor moves both vertically and horizontally? Right now, it
>  Stefan> only works (or moves) vertically.  I used "mouseconfig" to
>  Stefan> configure the mouse. I've also tried different types of
>  Stefan> mouse...  but no luck...

>Do you mean you've tried setting up the software for different types
>of mouse, or do you mean you've plugged in several different rodents?
>This sounds to me like a hardware problem.

>  Stefan> Mouse is 2 button mouse.

1. mbufs help needed ASAP

subject: Help on the use of mpullup(), mbufs etc.

I am trying to read data triaght off an ethernet through
an ethernet board. The machine is running 4.3bsd and I am
adapting an existing driver to do the work.
However I am trying to put a read interface into the driver
and this involves manipulating mbufs. I am using uiomove()
passing out the contents of one mbuf each time.
Can anybody tell me whether mpullup() will be any use to me??

Immidiate help would be most appreciated. (i've a deadline on the way)

2. Loadlin and kernels > 2.1.20

3. Digi Acceleport Help needed ASAP

4. FYI: Beware of 108779-01

5. Apache setup help needed A.S.A.P. please

6. mount - misc question

7. Internet configuration help needed ASAP!

8. uucp on Sun SPARCs

9. help needed asap, server migration ?'s

10. Strange error_log report HELP needed ASAP!!!

11. Help needed ASAP. Apache, bind9, VirtualHosts etc...

12. I need help with my "mount" infomation Please help, ASAP

13. Need Consultant ASAP for SNA help