Trident 9440

Post by D Stewa » Thu, 05 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Well, I did a little more research and reading, and discovered:

The Trident 9440 is supposed to be fully supported in the 3.2 SVGA server

16bpp can be had by adding:

        Option "linear"

to the Device section for non-PCI cards - by default linear mapping is turned
off in the server for non-PCI TGUI cards.

24 bpp and  32 bpp still do not work - the server claims they're not supported
for the tgui9000cxi chipset.

Just passing along what I've discovered.

1. Will Trident 9440 PCI and Trident 8900 ISA under Linux?

I'm looking for Trident 9440 PCI and Trident 8900 ISA informations for
further Red Hat 6.0 installation but couldn't find any out. Does somebody
can tell me where to get those specs ? Or if you had any experiences with
those cards, please share!

Thank you

Than

btw, this is my second time posting in English NG, please don't laugh at my
broken english.

2. Q: how to switch rootvg and altinst_rootvg w/NIM alt_disk_install

3. Trident 9440?

4. awk processes, kill & unhang users by name

5. TRIDENT 9440 PCI on linux

6. Open News Servers?

7. XF86_SVGA + Trident 9440 = Gray Vertical Lines?

8. pop-up message window from shell ?

9. trident 9440 driver

10. Trident 9440 1MB + 2monitors +FAQ + notes conf -> no luck

11. Trident 9440 and X11R6

12. Help: 8 bit Trident 9440 Xserver

13. TRIDENT 9440