Changed cdrom setting now linux won't recognize it

Changed cdrom setting now linux won't recognize it

Post by Edward J. Gome » Sat, 25 Mar 1995 05:29:47

Hi,

I had to change the io address of my mitsumi cdrom and now Linux will not
recognize it. I reconfigured the kernel but it still looks at the old address.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Eddie

1. 'Toolkit for Linux' won't recognize CDROM

Hi, I'm new to Linux and trying to install it on my computer.  I bought
the 'Toolkit for Linux' from Walnut Creek.  When I used the scsi boot
disk and color144 root disk, it would recognize my SCSI controller (Pro
Audio Spectrum 16) but not the SCSI CDROM attached to it.  Finally, I
copied the A disks onto floppies and installed with those.  I thought
then I might be able to mount it.  As instructed in the CDROM-HOWTO, I ran:

mknod /dev/sr0 b 11 0
and
mount -r -t iso9660 /dev/sr0 /cdrom

but it said that /dev/sr0 was not a valid block device.  Doesn't the 'b'
in the mknod command create it as a block device?
Also, I read in another post to
cat /proc/devices
and
cat /proc/filesystems

to find out about my active devices, but I have neither of those files.
Any ideas?  I don't want to install ALL of the Linux stuff by disk!
                                Thanks.
                                        Emil Aalto

2. /dev/audio busy? Can't grab DMA? Huh?

3. Linux:Won't recognize CDROM after installation

4. Full kernel support of the 2940UW

5. Linux won't recognize CDROM

6. A driver for Read/Writeable cdrom (TEAC CD-W54E) ?

7. linux won't recognise cdrom - help please

8. An application gateway firewall based on Linux - ITShield

9. Linux won't recognize SB / CDROM

10. LINUX won't recognize my CDROM

11. CDROM: Linux won't recognize it- Please help

12. Redhat Linux won't recognize my Pioneer CDROM

13. DOS fdisk won't recognize changes made by linux fdisk