Linux SHUTDOWN/REBOOT problem, help!

Post by Sharon X. Wan » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I recently installed Slackware 3.0 Linux 1.2.13.  When I press
ctrl+alt+del to shutdown and reboot the machine, it starts
terminating processes as expected and then starts to reboot,
with the message like

Rebooting
         /etc/rc.d/rc.6 /usr/bin/sleep  no such file or directory

hoever, rc.6 and sleep are indeed in the right places.  The machine
machine gets boot up as normal, but the message is really annoying.
Can anyone help me to figure our what that could be?

Sharon

London, Canada

1. INIT/reboot/shutdown problems: Please HELP

I have installed redhat 3.0.3 and have noticed that issuing a reboot
or shutdown command brings the system down only partially.
Specifically, if I issue a reboot, things proceed normally until I get

        Please stand by while rebooting system

Then I get a black screen and everything hangs.

I tried upgrading the kernel to version 1.3.100 but now when I reboot
I get infinite lines with the message:

        INIT: error reading initrequest

until finally I get the black screen...

Also I noticed with this version (1.3.100) that at bootup I get
the  messages:
        INIT: enterring runlevel 3
        SIOCADDRT: invalid argument

Any ideas on how to clean this up?

Many thanks in advance!
--Michael

2. client program

3. Linux shutdown/reboot & SCSI card problem

4. Slackware problems!

5. /etc/rc.shutdown, init, and the shutdown/reboot/halt commands

6. Wanna-be Korn: use pdksh or zsh?

7. PC does not reboot after `shutdown -r now/reboot'

8. lsof -i

9. HELP! shutdown -r now doesn't reboot

10. Shutdown Problem - System Won't Reboot

11. umount problem during reboot/shutdown

12. SuSE 8.0 Shutdown/Reboot Problem

13. Shutdown problem - system won't reboot