2 Probs: Reveal cdrom and big IDE hd...

Post by Disconne » Tue, 23 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I have 2 main problems with my installation right now (or lack
thereof)

First, I need a driver for Reveal R420 [Goldstar] roms under 1.2.13 -
there is a driver in some of the 1.3.xx series, but I need to start
with 1.2.13 [or a boot image for 1.3.whatever that includes it and ATI
mouse drivers..]  Help?

The other [equally pressing] problem is I can't get 1.2.13 to work
with my large IDE drive.  I tried everything I could think of - began
by following the big-IDE how-to to the letter [bios settings, ramdisk
hd= .. append in lilo.conf, etc etc etc..]  as well as every
combination I could think of of bios settings, lilo settings, etc..
Nothing.  Right now its stable somewhere in the middle, at least so
far as I can get a LILO boot: prompt, but booting Linux gives me lots
of 0x00 errors.  <shrug> thats the best I could get out of it...

Again, PLEASE HELP!  {And cc a copy of any replies to me in email at

news due to work... THANKS!}

1. Sol'n to Reveal CDROM prob

posted previously asking questions and couldn't solve the problem although
the ethernet problem was an easy fix).

The Reveal/IDE setup will work if you get the new 2.0.0 kernel that was
just released (Red Hat, I think).

-Trish

 Opinions are mine.  No one  |   as I give / and give back as much as I need /
      else wants 'em.        |   and still have the will to live ... " - IG

                        http://cspo.queensu.ca/~darktri/

2. Hello?

3. Which BOOTDSK for IDE HD and IDE CDROM?

4. "Only programs crash Windows 95"

5. Dell Dimension + IDE HD + IDE CDROM + 2940 SCSI = PROBLEM???

6. Mandrake Installation - ramdisk

7. InfoMagic CD install-Reveal 4X (Goldtar R540GD) IDE/TAPI CDROM

8. Printing in RH5.2:linux=10,Epson=0

9. Big HD Probs.

10. big IDE HD, use LILO?

11. InfoMagic CDROM Installation on Reveal 4X CDROm

12. Problem with big IDE HD under SCO Unix

13. Goldstar 540 4X CDROM (Reveal 4x CDROm)