video on winbook xl with redhat 6 setup?

video on winbook xl with redhat 6 setup?

Post by dont.. » Tue, 06 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi I'm cycling around and around on the video setup for RedHat 6 on my
Winbook XL (C&T 65554 video chip with 12" DSTN LCD Screen). I can't get
it to pass the XConfigurator (4.2.3) test.

Anyone got a clue on this?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. redhat 5.0 on a Winbook XL

Hello world!!!

I recently bought the Redhat 5.0 for my Winbook XL laptop (233 Pentium
MMX , 16 megs of RAM, 1.6 G ULTRA DMA hard drive).

I am worried though if it will properly install as I have an ULTRA DMA
1.6 G Toshiba for a hard drive.   Can any one please tell me if it is
safe at all to install Redhat 5.0 on a ULTRA DMA disk... Is there a way
to tweak the kernel to properly install it?

I am really excited about the promise of the linux community about the
raw power of this OS, but it seems that it still has to be developed  to
become a freely portable OS, just like Win 95--no offense meant on the
linux community.

Despite its flaws (hardware compatibility issues), I  really think linux
has a lot to offer.  Kindly help me realize linux's promise of a
dynamic, freely distributable and powerful OS and free me from the bonds
of MS strong-arm marketing tactics.

Thanks in advance......

2. tuning sequential io on striped lv

3. XF86Config file for WinBook XL 1024x768 please!

4. E250 hang after NIS slave

5. How do I set up the WinBook XL soundcard under linux?

6. Spelling fixes for relevent -> relevant in 15 files.

7. Laptop recommendation: Winbook XL ok?

8. RewriteRule [P] issue in 1.3.24

9. how to offset screen on XFree + ct65554 + 13.3 xga tft (winbook xl) ?

10. WinBook XL XF86Config for 1024x768 wanted!

11. Solaris x86 on a Winbook XL

12. 1024x768 on Winbook XL 12.1" laptop?

13. Any body installs RH6.1 on Winbook XL (with Window 98)?