RH4.0-need name of TCL/TK libs for XF863.2-cant load XKB?

RH4.0-need name of TCL/TK libs for XF863.2-cant load XKB?

Post by peter westerman hat » Tue, 17 Dec 1996 04:00:00

 just installed redhat 4.0 and got XF86 v3.2 which i need to run my vid card.
 the problem i'm having is that when i try to make X, everything goes well
 until i get to the part where it tries to compile XF86Setup. this tries to
 find my TCL/TK libraries. i know where to specify this in xf86site.cf, but i
 don't know what the damn names are. i've tried many different things, including passing /usr/lib/libtcl.so and /usr/include. nothing works. do i need to make
 a certain format of the tcl/tk libs? my system is elf, running kernel 2.0.18 and all of my utilities/libs are up to date. this is the only error i have.

 PLEASE HELP!!!

 thanx,
 pete

 ps--as it's finals week i won't have time to look at this news group for a

 thank you....

--
It is impossible for words to describe what is neccessary to those who do not know what horror means. . . .Horror. . . .Horror has a face, and you must make a friend of horror. . . .horror and m*terror are your friends. . . .if they are not, then they
 are enemies to be feared. . . .they are truly enemies.

1. TK/tcl gurus: wrong version of Tk loaded (3.6): need 4.x?

Hi:

I'm trying to run tkHTML 2.3, and when it loads, it gives an error:

Tcl_AppInit failed: wrong version of Tk loaded (3.6): need 4.x

According to glint (I've installed RH 3.0.3), I've got tcl version
7.4-5 and tk version 4.0-5.  Why does tkHTML seem to think my tk is
version 3.6 and not 4.0?

I'm not a tk/tcl guru nor do I play one on TV.  So if anyone out there
is, please let me know what I can do.  After it (tkHTML) loads, none
of the menus work, it's basically broken, and I get error messages like:

tkerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: invalid command name "tk_butEnter"
    Error in tkerror: unknown option "-wraplength"
tkerror failed to handle background error.
    Original error: invalid command name "tk_butLeave"
    Error in tkerror: unknown option "-wraplength"
etc.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Mark

Committee on Social Thought, University of Chicago

2. Microsoft targets Lucent patents

3. tcl/tk lib problem from slackware

4. Could someone recommend a good Linux-compatible Wireless Card?

5. RedHat 3.0.3 and shared tcl/tk libs ??

6. Max size for log file

7. Getting tkined to go & new tcl/tk libs ??

8. bootp - running both static and dynamic?

9. ELF Shared Libs of Tcl and Tk?

10. sysinfo a new TCL/TK memory, swap and load average graph

11. Linux Tcl/Tk diffs in netcom.com: ~ftp/pub/yggdrasil/misc/tcl-diffs

12. Plans for Tcl/Tk8.4 version of tksh (ksh93 + Tcl/Tk)?

13. The old "#!/long-name" header again (was: Help getting started in TCL/TK please)