Installing Linux on drive E: Does anyone have experience ?

Installing Linux on drive E: Does anyone have experience ?

Post by Dombo the Flying Elepha » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I currently have a 486DX2 66 with a WD 1200 MV harddisk.
At the moment I'm running under Windows 95 beta release.
I also want to run under Linux, therefore I want to give it a try.
I created the 2 disks and restarted my machine.
The first thing you need to do is to make some partitions : here comes the
problem.

I used umsds144 so I can install Linux onto a directory of an MS-DOS
filesystem (I don't need to repartition for try out). How do I create such
a thing ? I tried fdisk or umssync but I don't know what to do with these
programs.
My harddisk has been separated in 3 pieces c:408MB, d:408MB, e:405MB

Is there anyone who can help me setting up Linux on my E: drive, there is
nothing in the how_to and .faq files?
I can boot up from the disks but after that I don't know what to do.

Thanks in advance,