Newbie ? on Installing Ethernet

Post by Silent B » Wed, 23 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Specifically, I have a TRENDnet TE-16XPress Series  Ethernet card.  I
already have it set up w/ Win95 where it works beautifully(hard to
believe w/ w95!?)  But I now wish to set it up w/ Linux, (Slackwaare
2.2.0)  I was wondering where I can find FAQ's, info, etc. on
installing it.  I wish it to connect w/ UM Rolla's network, and I
heard it was a * and a half to do, so I was looking to read up as
much as possible before starting on this ordeal.

Thank you very much!!!!!
I would prefer email because I do not check this group often.

Also, I have a Diamond Speedstar Pro, I was just wondering if Xwindows
will run if I have that card.  Thanx for any help, It is appreciated!

-later
Kevin Dreyer
aka
Silent Bob

"Love is the triumph of Imagination over Intelligence"

1. Newbie Installing Ethernet card after inital install

I installed redhat v5.0 but during the installation it would not detect
eth0. The ethernet card is a cheap ne2000 pci card irq=11 io=6200(auto
assigned through the bios). I could change these settings but I'm not
sure what to expect if I did, would probe auto find it?  How do I
install the network card without having to reinstall redhat. I figured
theire must be a way.

Thank in advance
Mark

2. How to load modules on Mandrake 7.0?

3. NEWBIE Needs Help install ethernet adapter

4. 2.5.74 synclink.c

5. Newbie needing help to install Ethernet adapter.

6. Master Boot Record

7. Newbie question: installing 3com ethernet cards

8. Sony 707 Laptop and 3COM ethernet card

9. redhat ethernet install/3c509 1, clueless newbie 0, what do I do next?

10. Can't Install Ethernet Card after Linux is already Installed

11. Installing an ethernet card in Linux after base install

12. Installing non-builtin ethernet driver for use with ftp install of redhat 5.2

13. Installing an ethernet card in Linux after base install