Help: modem initialization

Post by Novello Mar » Fri, 06 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi all

My modem, an internal Digicom 144DF, won't initialize under Linux.
I must boot my machine under dos, and next reboot to Linux.
This is the only way i can use dip to make connection to my provider.
Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance

P.S.: sorry for bad english.

Marco Novello

 Universita' di Venezia                                   -Buzz Lightyear
 C.d.L. Scienze dell'Informazione
 Member of Pluto Linux User Group

Help: modem initialization

Post by Rich Dubraws » Sat, 07 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am not familiaar with Digicom, Is your modem PnP or does it use jumpers?

>Hi all

>My modem, an internal Digicom 144DF, won't initialize under Linux.
>I must boot my machine under dos, and next reboot to Linux.
>This is the only way i can use dip to make connection to my provider.
>Anyone can help?

>Thanks in advance

>P.S.: sorry for bad english.

>Marco Novello

> Universita' di Venezia                                   -Buzz Lightyear
> C.d.L. Scienze dell'Informazione
> Member of Pluto Linux User Group

Richard Dubrawski

safety".
          Historical Review of Pennsylvania.
                Benjamin Franklin

1. Help: Modem initialization problem.....

greetings...

I am having the one and only problem with freebsd so far: installing and
configuring my modem.

When i tried dialing into my isp i was confronted with this error:
tun0: Phase: deflink: Open("/dev/cuaa2"): Device not configured

I am using a Sporster 33.6 K Fax PC Plug and play modem which was't
successfully detected by my kernel (using controller pnp0).

The problem is that my modem is on COM3 (sio2) and shares the same irq
(4) with my mouse, which is on COM1 (sio0). When I tried to configure my
kernel with sio2, it ended up with an obvious irq conflict.

I ran out of ideas fixing this problem, and I'd appreciate it so much if
anyone can help me with this migraine.

P.S. My modem works fine in Linux and Windblow$, and I am using FreeBSD
3.0.

2. installation

3. Help! - problem with modem initialization

4. How can I see dynamic memory allocation

5. eth0 and eth1 "Delaying eth0 Initialization" and "Delaying eth1 Initialization" errors

6. How can I shut my X-terminal down

7. Modem Initialization String?

8. library problem

9. Modem Initialization

10. Initialization string for Motorola modem

11. Modem initialization in Linux vs. Solaris?

12. Modem Initialization

13. RedHat Linux 7.2 Modem Initialization