lilo with bit hard drives.

Post by kset » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I've got a 850 MB hard drive that I just installed linux on.  my hard drive
controller is just and old IDE and will only detect 540 megs in dos, so I
only made a 200 mb dos partition, and used the rest for linux which will
detect higher than the 540 MB limit. The install went great and it's  using
all the remaining space in the hard drive, only problem is that lilo won't
install because the linux partition is >1024 cylinders.  Does anyone know a
way around this, because I really want to install lilo.  thanks.