Receiving mail/procmail?

Post by Jeffrey A. Koest » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

For retrieving my mail from my POP server, I am using the following script
from the ISP-HOWTO: ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/egilk/pop-script.tar.gz
My problem is all my different pieces of e-mail come as one big e-mail.
This problem exists when I read my mail in pine or just mail.  Any ideas
of what I need to do to read/reply to each mail separately?

Thanks,
Jeff

Receiving mail/procmail?

Post by Ulrich Teiche » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>For retrieving my mail from my POP server, I am using the following script
>from the ISP-HOWTO: ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/egilk/pop-script.tar.gz
>My problem is all my different pieces of e-mail come as one big e-mail.
>This problem exists when I read my mail in pine or just mail.  Any ideas
>of what I need to do to read/reply to each mail separately?

I use:

#! /bin/sh

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin

 | /usr/local/bin/formail -s /usr/local/bin/procmail -d <local user>

(the \ is just because the line is too long to post...)

This script calls popclient, which gets all mails from the server and
deletes them there. Then it calls formail, which calls procmail exactly
once for every mail and delivers them to <local user>.

The only problem is that if there is no mail to retrieve from the server,
you will get "empty" mails, which will expand to messages send

.procmailrc (notice _old_ syntax, use the new one instead):

:1H

/dev/null

Uli
--

Stormweg 24                | listening to: Burning Desire (Funeral Oration)
24539 Neumuenster, Germany | Back With You/What Am I Supposed To Do (Buzzcocks)

1. Help! Sending mail But not Receiving mail!

I am able to send mail from my Linux as well as running Netscape!  However,
my elm are still able to read my mail from my ISP's mailserver.  I use PPP to
connect to my ISP.

Then I tried:
popclient -u kng mail.earthlink.net

the systems respond me with a "Enter mailserver password: " prompt. I entered
my
password for my mailbox as usual. After two seconds the systems respond:

error reading socket
: Unknown error

What've I done wrong?!  Thanks for any help in Advance!

3. Help -- Linux box can send mail out, but cannot receive mail

4. Help with PPP

5. sendmail : cannot receive mail from some domains (mail server timeout)

6. X -indirect HOSTNAME at boot ?

7. bsmtp -- how do I receive mail this way all mail is bouncing

8. ISDN card suppliers in The Netherlands

9. How to receive Internet mail from Win95 client via mail server on Redhat 4.2

10. sendmail can't receive from cc:mail & ms-mail

11. HELP: Mail/Pop Server Can't Received Mail

12. MMDF mail users cannot receive mail

13. Able to send mail but cannot receive mail