permission on cdroast?

Post by never-say-ne.. » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 18:03:16

Sorry in advance if this question is silly or obvious.

I am using KreateCD from KDE as a front end for the usual cd tools in
RH 7.2.  It works great from root.

However, for non-root users, it won't burn a cd.  I have checked the
obviosu permisions, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

permission on cdroast?

Post by Michael Heimin » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:05:58

2002 10:03:

Quote:> Sorry in advance if this question is silly or obvious.

> I am using KreateCD from KDE as a front end for the usual cd tools
> in
> RH 7.2.  It works great from root.

> However, for non-root users, it won't burn a cd.  I have checked the
> obviosu permisions, but that doesn't seem to do the trick.

Which permissions did you check and how did you set them?

Easiest would be, to use 'sudo', 'man -k sudo' for more info.

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

permission on cdroast?

Post by Mike Johnsho » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 12:07:02

the x-cdroast that comes with RH7.2 does not support non-root users to burn
CDs,  There are RPMs of CD-roast that fix this for you though ...

Mike

Post by David Orriss J » Tue, 15 Jan 2002 08:07:55

--
David Orriss Jr
http://www.davenet.net/

perl -le '$_="6110>374086;2064208213:90<307;55";tr[0->][ LEOR!AUBGNSTY];print'

SPAM Sucks.. use Sneakemail and defend yourself.
http://www.sneakemail.com/

permission on cdroast?

www.xcdroast.org, of course!