ASUS PCI 264CT MACH 64

Post by Dan Fier » Thu, 30 May 1996 04:00:00

I need some help configuring a 2MB ASUS PCI with a MACH 64 Expression Chip.
I cannot get it to run in anything other than VGA 16 colours under the x-windows for linux (x-free?).
When I choose the default settings for the MACH64 Expression and use the
MACH64 server I get a black screen and then the monitor goes into sleep mode. The
monitor is configured correctly and I have tried it at lower settings. The generic VGA
works great. I don't know the ramdac type and it appears to only find 3 settings
when it is autoconfiguring the video card clock. I am a newbie to linux
and would appreciate any help. Thanx

ASUS PCI 264CT MACH 64

Post by Paul Sham » Fri, 31 May 1996 04:00:00

Get the latest XXerver for the Mach64 chipset. It is at ftp.xfree.org in the
3.1.2E directory and is called X312EMa64.tgz (I think). Simply by replacing
that file I got my 2MB PCI Mach 64 to work correctly.

Paul

>I need some help configuring a 2MB ASUS PCI with a MACH 64 Expression Chip.
>I cannot get it to run in anything other than VGA 16 colours under the

1. ASUS proprietary 64-bit PCI video/audio board in the ASUS P55TP4XE

I have the above mentioned motherboard with the proprietary video/sound board,
and I've tried to use the Mach64 driver in X with a system hang as my reward.
The clocks seem to be the problem, with only two low (25 and 29) showing at
all.  It will work in a 320x300 vga mode, but that is all (and useless).  Has
anyone else beat this sucker?  Thanks in advance.

2. login help

3. PCI Mach 64 ProTurbo revisions

4. I NEED UNIX ADVICE!!!

5. Mach 64 PCI Problems

6. Netmask not set properly in Solaris 8?

7. ATI Mach 64 (PCI, 2MB VRAM) and X

8. PINE binaries for SCO

9. ATI mach 64 PCI 2 mb

10. Mach 64 PCI