file permissions & group membership when uploading files via FTP

file permissions & group membership when uploading files via FTP

Post by Christian Schmi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,

I run debian v2.2 with wu-ftpd as FTP server.
How can I change the default group a file is member
of when uploaded via FTP?

Every user can only upload files to his home
directory.

example:

I would like all files uploaded via FTP for all
users on the system to have the follwing permissions:

Owner= rwx
Group= rx
Other= none

Owner=user who uploads the file
Group=test

How can this be done with wu-ftpd?

thanks,
Christian

1. FTP uploaded file permissions?

This may be more UNIX than Linux specific, but when I ftp upload files
to my ISP they used to have 644 permission.  Now uploaded files are
being saved with 666 permission.  This happens regardless of whether I
upload from Linux or Win95 (WS_FTP32).

My normal shell umask is 022 (.profile and .cshrc).  Is there some way
to set a umask or otherwise set default file permissions for FTP
uploads from either end (sending or receiving)?

David Efflandt/Elgin, IL USA

2. What should an Academic Computing Director do & know ?

3. FTP uploaded file user permissions

4. ppp and 10.0.2.15

5. FTP upload file permissions.

6. Linux on this machine? (ESDI)

7. Default permissions for files uploaded by FTP

8. redhat mouse on com2

9. Uploading file via ftp broken under ppp

10. How to upload files via FTP/HTTP using cronjob?

11. Cronjob moves files from ftp upload directory before upload is complete

12. Is Old File Destroyed During an FTP upload of the same file?

13. File group permissions - applicable to a particular group user only possible??