Newbie: Redhat 5.2 installation tree

Post by Rich Leisinge » Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have two hard disks.  One 8.6gig drive with win98 and a 2.1gig drive with
4 partitions.  The first partition has an dos partition with the linux
installation files.  The second and fourth have native linux partitions.
And the third drive has contains the linux swap space.  Here is the problem.
When I go to tell the install program where the install files are located I
get the message: disk does not contain redhat installation tree.  Is it
because I'm trying to load the install files from a dos partition?  Any help
would be appreciated.  Thanks

Post by Michael Thomas Cop » Sun, 14 Feb 1999 04:00:00

: Here is the problem.
: When I go to tell the install program where the install files are located I
: get the message: disk does not contain redhat installation tree.  Is it
: because I'm trying to load the install files from a dos partition?  Any help
: would be appreciated.  Thanks

You need to tell it the complete path to the directory that has the
RedHat subdirectory.  The installation is case sensitive.

--
Michael Cope: Harvey Mudd College '00; Armand Hammer UWC '96

1. RedHat 5.2 : No redhat installation tree found !!!

Hello everyone

This is my first post to this group, thanks for being there. I've downloaded
RedHat 5.2 and tried to install it unsuccessfully: when I get to the point
of telling to the setup prog where to get the base and rpms dir, it can't
find them. I've tried to enable all caps dir names in Explorer but it didn't
work.

I saw something weird tho, on one of the many installation tries, I tried to
use fdisk instead of druid and i saw that fdisk lists my partitions as
/tmp/hdax instead of /dev/hdax. I've installed Slackware before and my
partitions were /dev/hdax as they are supposed to be.

Please suggest something, thanks

--
Pierre Lavoie

2. telnet with root

3. Linux Newbie, Installation Problems with Redhat 5.2

4. Newbie question scripts

5. Real Newbie RedHat 5.2 Installation

6. Problems with Debian 0.91 -- root disk?

7. NEWBIE want Windows 98 /Redhat 5.2 dual installation

8. InternetPhone for Linux ?

9. Setting Up Newbie Installation of Redhat 5.2 - Matrox G200, HP 895CXi and TWM!

10. Newbie needs help with RH 5.2 Intel installation

11. Newbie - RH 5.2 Linux Installation w\ Window 98 On Boot HD!

12. Redhat 5.2 installation

13. HELP me PLEASE!! - RedHat 5.2 installation problems