WindowMaker Uninstall

Post by jed » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

>How do I uninstall Window Maker on a RH 5.2 system?

        From the user end, just put another window manager
        at the end of /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc or ~/.xinitrc.

--

  "I was not elected to watch my people suffer and die     |||
   while you discuss this a invasion in committe."        / | \

        In search of sane PPP docs? Try http://penguin.lvcm.com

WindowMaker Uninstall

Post by Wildman, the Cuberstalk » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>How do I uninstall Window Maker on a RH 5.2 system?

Ummm...
#rpm -e windowmaker
would be my first guess.

--
The Wildman     ICQ# 32609427
Fight spam - http://www.spamfree.org

WindowMaker Uninstall

Post by Jay » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

That did not work.

> >How do I uninstall Window Maker on a RH 5.2 system?

> Ummm...
> #rpm -e windowmaker
> would be my first guess.

> --
> The Wildman     ICQ# 32609427
> Fight spam - http://www.spamfree.org
> Five is a sufficiently close approximation to infinity.

WindowMaker Uninstall

Post by Mike DuFresn » Thu, 08 Apr 1999 04:00:00

<silly number of NGs trimmed>

> That did not work.

Jay, take ten minutes and read about what you have. First, you have to
determine what Window Maker is called in your system, different
packagers call it by different names:

rpm -qa | grep -i window

This will print a list of all installed packages with 'window' as part
of the name while ignoring case. After you determine which to delete:

(as root)
rpm -e package.names

Simple

mike

--
In the immortal words of Socrates, who said: 'I drank what?'
                                                C. Knight

WindowMaker Uninstall

Post by The Lone Scrib » Fri, 09 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Since you never actually said that you installed WindowMaker from an rpm or
a tar.gz, how can anyone give you a definitive answer?

If you installed it from an rpm, then do a 'rpm -qa | grep win' and see what
package names come up. If one of them looks like WindowMaker, then that's
the rpm to erase. If in doubt, double check the contents of that package
first with a 'rpm -ql [packagename]'.

If you installed it from a tar.gz with a makefile, then you're going to have
to look at the Makefile's install section to see what files it put where.