how do i implement virtuakl domain name

Post by lngu.. » Wed, 21 Jun 1995 04:00:00

hi,
        could some one please tell me how i could implememt a virtual
domain name. i know it's possible.  would i just register the name to
nic to point to my machine and have the virtual domain alias to my own
domain? please email me , becuase i don't have much time to sort thru
all the newsgroup. thanxs in advance.

                                lam...

1. how can a machine has both a real domain name and a bogus domain name?

Hello,

I have a home network with a bogus domain, like mydomain.home.
Machines in the home lan all have a home IP address like 10.5.5.*, and
a home domain name. The server's name is lion.mydomain.home, and it's
IP is 10.5.5.1. I also have a real IP address, and I am thinking to
host a real domain name. My question is, how can I setup the real
domain, so that the server can have a real domain name? Should I just
create a new zone file, and add a record for it in the named.conf?
Thanks in advance!

Alex Shi

2. Starting portmapper: execvp: Permission denied

3. NIS domain names and DNS domain names not matching.

4. TeX as a word processor (was Linux word processor?)

5. Can I configure multiple domain names to dhcpd.conf "option domain-name"?

6. Ptolemy for Linux?

7. Host name, primary name, domain name...?

8. YDL/xfs (X) question

9. named: implementing a secondary name server

10. Can one Domain Name Server be used for 2 domains ??

11. Resolving domain.com as well as name.domain.com

12. New Domain does not accept OLD domain name mail

13. Server Domain name & Host name