RedHat 6.1 installation

Post by Steve Geno » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:36:08 -0700, Forrest Taylor

>> Finally, I have a different installation of RH6.1 that I use a disk to
>> boot to linux using LILO.  It waits at the lilo promt for 10 seconds or
>> until I hit enter.  How can I make it wait 3 seconds (for example)?  I
>> tried to change lilo.conf on the hard drive and the boot disk, with bad
>> results.  I've looked at mkbootdisk, but it doesn't tell where it gets
>> the lilo.conf file from.

mkbootdisk writes out the lilo.conf file it uses to lilo-ize the boot
floppy.  You can modify mkbootdisk with the timeout you want,
see the LILO documentation for the proper syntax.

Post by Bili Pito » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

--
You wanna earn some cash.
Go to http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/427532

> >> Finally, I have a different installation of RH6.1 that I use a disk to
> >> boot to linux using LILO.  It waits at the lilo promt for 10 seconds or
> >> until I hit enter.  How can I make it wait 3 seconds (for example)?  I
> >> tried to change lilo.conf on the hard drive and the boot disk, with bad
> >> results.  I've looked at mkbootdisk, but it doesn't tell where it gets
> >> the lilo.conf file from.

Try with linuxconf

RedHat 6.1 installation

Post by Bili Pito » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

--
You wanna earn some cash.
Go to http://www.sendmoreinfo.com/id/427532

> >> Finally, I have a different installation of RH6.1 that I use a disk to
> >> boot to linux using LILO.  It waits at the lilo promt for 10 seconds or
> >> until I hit enter.  How can I make it wait 3 seconds (for example)?  I
> >> tried to change lilo.conf on the hard drive and the boot disk, with bad
> >> results.  I've looked at mkbootdisk, but it doesn't tell where it gets
> >> the lilo.conf file from.

Try with linuxconf

1. RedHat 6.1 Installation

Hi!

I started the RED HAT install.. and everything is working great.

I did run into a few questions that caused me to CANCEL and
seek your advice.

1. When at the DRUID configuration screen, I am shown
    my Drive 1 and 3 information. These are my WIN 95
    drives and formatted through WIN95 as FAT 32.

    REDHAT lists them in this fashion, but with a
    <not something> initial reference (non mounted).

    I can mount these drives as WIN95 drives, but am
    wondering if I will destroy any data or config on
    WIN95 when I do a dual boot to win95.  The only
    reason I would mount them is so that LINUX can
   see them and access their information (if this is
   even possible that Linux should be able to utilize
   across platforms).

2.  My drive #2 is not listed because it is not
    partitioned; thus, I do an ADD and add the
    following:

   /swap (100 mb)
   /boot (16 mb)
   /root (1000mb)
       NOTE: the /root information in the help section
                    states 500-1gig for that /root, and that
                    1 gig would suffice for all packages
                    to be installed.

 However, that leaves me with considerable amount
of space left to be utilized; seeing how it is a 2.4 gig
drive.

So.. I thought about a  TMP, VAR, and other type
partitions.  What would be the best route to take
in light of these things?

  I was surprised to find that I'm limited to 1gig
  on the root drive per REDHAT install help.

Where do you  put your other drive space?

If at all possible, please reply to

 Thanks Mucho!

2. Net Printing to HPLJ-IIISi/JetDirect

3. Redhat 6.1 installation Problem

4. Attendee profile at UniForum and Unix Expo

5. RedHat 6.1 installation problem

6. Tripwire version 1.1 (patchlevel 0) on OSF1 V1.3

7. RedHat 6.1 Installation

8. Red Hat Apache VeriSign VirtualHosts No Go

9. RedHat 6.1 installation on laptop problem

10. Redhat 6.1 installation bombs

11. RedHat 6.1 Installation Problems

12. Redhat 6.1 installation probelms

13. Linux RedHat 6.1 Installation on-top of Windows98