ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter

Post by Scott Savare » Sun, 24 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I just picked up an ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter and for some reason it isn't
working. I have a half gig hard drive attached to it that isn't being
recognized by my system.

I have a few questions. Please don't RTFM me. How can I determine if the
kernel recognizes the existance of the adapter. I just checked my dmesg and it
has no mention of the SCSI adapter nor any message of the drive attached to
it. Also, /proc/scsi/scsi says that no devices are attached.
Second, if indeed my kernel 2.0.34 does recognize my adapter, how can I get it
to work?

If anybody knows anything, can you please E-mail me?
Thank You,
Scott

--

ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter

Post by Roy Stogn » Mon, 01 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>I just picked up an ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter and for some reason it isn't
>working. I have a half gig hard drive attached to it that isn't being
>recognized by my system.

Do you have the driver compiled directly into the kernel, or as a
module?  If as a module, does "lsmod" show it loaded?  Does "modprobe
aic7xxx" (or whatever the module name is) load the module?  What does
dmesg say after that attempt?
---
Roy Stogner

1. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter. . .

Building a new system, will be loading FreeBSD 4.3.  Anyone had any luck with
this SCSI adapter?  It's not mentioned in the hardware list, and I want to know
before hand if I should just shoot it and get a different one or not.

Thanks!
--
J'm

To reply direct, remove clothes.
...-.-

2. SANE works again with my Agfa Snapscan!!

3. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter

4. Performance Monitoring software

5. Adaptec SCSI Card 2930

6. >>Open casting call for IMPs!<<

7. Adaptec 2930 SCSI driver

8. Can't build C stuff! Compiler error!

9. Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI card

10. ADAPTEC Ultra SCSI 2930 controller card

11. Adaptec AHA-2930 SCSI Controller problems in kernel 2.4.3+

12. Any support for Adaptec 2930 SCSI card?

13. Adaptec 2930 SCSI Help Needed