HELP: IRQ Problem with PAS16 SCSI!

Post by Marc L. All » Sat, 08 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I've got a PAS16 and I'm using the SCSI portion to drive a CD-Rom.  I've
turned on sound support in the kernel for both Sound Blaster and PAS16.

Everything basically works fine, but I've noticed that when the kernel boots,
the SCSI driver gives a stern warning about having to disable interrupts
because the SCSI interrupt can't be the same as the sound driver interrupt.

Is this just a problem with the PAS, since it uses one interrupt for both
sound and SCSI?  I notice that they use the same I/O base.  Is there a
way around this?

Thanks,

Marc

--
Marc L. Allen
Schlumberger Technologies

(Gad! What a boring signature!!)

Post by Eric Wampn » Sun, 09 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: Is this just a problem with the PAS, since it uses one interrupt for both
: sound and SCSI?  I notice that they use the same I/O base.  Is there a
: way around this?

Bzzt. Last I checked the PAS uses one IRQ for Sound, One for SB Compat,
and One for SCSI. :-)

The IRQ's for Sound and SB are set in the Voxware config, but the
SCSI IRQ autodetects. Try reading /usr/src/linux/drivers/scsi/pas16.c
and pas16.h

They should have comments about the autodetect and how to work with it.

eric
--
---

   ***G'Kar: "Weep for the chicken, Na'Toth. Weep for us all"***

1. pas16 SCSI install problem. HELP!

|> I have Infomagic's 3 CD ROM set and I am having trouble mounting the CD
|> ROM drive so I can install it.
|>
|> I have created a bootdisk using scsinet.gz

I had the same problem.  Make your bootdisk from scsi.gz.  Works fine!
-ls-

--
Larry Snyder                                         # (513) 865-6906
LEXIS-NEXIS                                   Distributed Network Eng.

Dayton, Ohio  45401                      ...!uunet!lexis-nexis!larrys

2. LILO Boot Failure Problem

3. Can PAS16 SCSI drive SCSI DAT tape?

4. Where can I find benchmark software ?

5. NEC 510 (3Xi) SCSI CDROM w/ PAS16 SCSI card... question?

6. syslogd source for Solaris anybody?

7. SCSI HD off PAS16 SCSI Port

8. Y2K Law Handbook: Year 2000 Problem Legal Guide

9. Yggdrasil/PAS16/SCSI HELP!

10. Need help by making PAS16 SCSI kernel patch

11. Need someone to help me to patch PAS16 SCSI support!!!!

12. HELP! PAS16 SCSI CDROM

13. Problem with pas16 scsi-driver and AppleCD 300 drive.