Linux setup problems for X. Video card

Post by Shane van Ing » Fri, 08 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I have just recently upgraded from Slackware 3.0 (kernal 1.2.13) to
Slackware 3.1 (kernal 2.0)

With my previous version of Linux and XFree86 I had no problems
setting up the video card details under xf86config. Now I can't get it
to configure properly under my new distribution.

I have a S3 Trio 64V+  Phoenix Graphics card with 1Mb of EDO DRAM
runnning on a Pentium 120 system with 32Mb RAM

I went through the config file in the EXACT same way I did it last
time. This time I get a report (when trying to run X):

Fatal server error: xf86OpenConsole : cannot open /dev/console (no
such file or directory)

TRANS (socket UNIXconnect) ()can't connect  errno=111

I also installed all the EXACT same software from the CDROM as I did
the first time.

Could anyone please help me out :-)

E-mail me if you need to know anymore details to help me with my
problem

----------------

http://kite.ois.com.au/~shanevi

1. Setup TV-Card and additional Video-In on Video Card

Hello *,

I used a Hauppauge WinTV PCI with bttv. Now I have installed a new
video card (NVIDIA GF4) with an additional video-in port. Without X11
bttv/bttvgrab runs perfect. After starting X and run bttvgrab
following error occurs:

/usr/bin/bttvgrab error: Cannot allocate memory (open /dev/bttv)
[14/1]

I think video-in on new video card blocks out the video device. How
should I configure second video device or how can I switch off
video-in on video card.

Thanks in advance,

Sven

2. about "AT" command

3. Two Video Card Setup with X, Getting X to use certain card

4. ps/2 m$ intellimouse

5. X shutdown kills agp card with 3 video card setup

6. shutdown quirk

7. Setup for Trident 9750 Video Card and Yamaha OPL3-SAx sound card

8. Sun to resurrect Solaris on Intel ?

9. redhat 7.1 video card setup problem

10. caldera linux video card setup

11. S3 Vision video Card and VIVITRON 1776 X config setup problem

12. Programming video card (ATI card w/ s-video & tv-out) Need direction to correct info

13. Trident 9680 Video Card vs. Cirrus Login 5430 Video Card