where I can find libcrypt.a in COL 2.2

Post by Cauch » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

    Could anyone tell me where I can find libcrypt.a for COL 2.2? I searched
rpm files but no result. I also looked for it online, but failed. Could any
experts tell me it should be in which rpm file and how to get that rpm file?
Thanks a lot!

    Luke

Post by Paul Kimo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>    Could anyone tell me where I can find libcrypt.a for COL 2.2? I searched
> rpm files but no result. I also looked for it online, but failed.

In other distributions, it comes as part of glibc.  (Do you have
libcrypt.so?)

If Caldera doesn't have libcrypt at all, what do they do about login(8)?

--

1. help finding Afterstep for COL 2.2?

I recently installed COL 2.2 on my home PC as stand-alone desktop PC.  I
have a Symbios 53c416 SCSI card which I removed prior to install to
assure no conflicts.  I assumed it would not be supported.  I see a
kernel module for the sym53c416 SCSI.  Would I need to install card
first, reboot, then module, or reverse order or what?

Next: I'd like to try Afterstep or Windowmaker.  If I wanted either of
these, where could I download them with the assurance I'd be getting
EVERY lib file, etc., that I need to install & run it successfully?  Can
anyone help with this?

Still next (:p):  Could anyone recommend a really good newsreader?  The
KDE default one here isn't too stable for me, and I don't tremendously
like Netscape.  In NT, I always use FreeAgent.

Thanks much for all your help.

Jeff
jlr at soltec dot net (ANTIspam)

2. Multisession CD in Solaris2.6?

3. Linux Col 2.2 and Multiport PCCOM 8 board

4. Color problems in xfree86 w/ suse xglint server HELP!

5. USR 56k Int Voice/Faxmodem and COL 2.2

6. Is better I'm have a DNS networking ??

7. Lost var dirs with COL 2.2

8. Cirrus GD5429/AuroraVision problem??

9. SB 16 in COL 2.2

10. ssh1 & ssh2 won't build under COL 2.2

11. COL 2.2 Modem

12. JDK1.2.2 vs JDK1.1.7 on COL 2.3 -- some comments

13. COL 2.2 IBM CCA Ethernet adapter problem