Uninterruptible sleep Process and Reboot

Uninterruptible sleep Process and Reboot

Post by Ronaldo Mercad » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I read a thread that explained that the only way to get rid of
an 'uninterruptible sleep Process'  is to reboot.

Can I dump a core from a user process independent from the uninterruptible
one,
and restore the process from that core once the machine has restarted?

Thanks for your input.

R.Mercado

1. Uninterruptible sleeping process

Hi Gurus,
(TrueUnix4.0F question)
Submitted jobs go to Uninterruptible sleeping process. vmstate shows 98%
idle.
(The system was working fine before). What's wrong and how to make those
jobs
running properly?
Thanks
Tapas

"We owe a lot to the Indians, who taught us how to count, without
which no worthwhile scientific discovery could have been made."
                                           - Albert Einstein -
Tapas Kar, Ph. D
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry
Utah State University
Logan, UT 84322-0300

Tel: 435-797-7230
Fax: 435-797-3390

2. Anyone have busmouse kernel?

3. Killing a process in "uninterruptible sleep"

4. UFS filesystem as root on UHC SVR4

5. Uninterruptible sleep Process

6. Long and Wide editor with column designations

7. killing processes in an uninterruptible sleep

8. Help needed building xv 3.00a ..... Solaris 2.2

9. Process in "uninterruptible sleep"?

10. Process falls into uninterruptible sleep

11. How to kill a uninterruptible sleep process

12. How to "kill" uninterruptible sleeping process?

13. Uninterruptible sleeping process